Woodland and Robots are now available!
Need to expand your stash of GroVia™ Shells? Looking for a super trim cover to go over fitteds or prefolds? This is our popular GroVia™ Shell WITHOUT Soaker Pad or Booster. These are the perfect, trim cover over trifolded prefolds and most fitted diapers.
Available with Snaps in Blackberry, Kiwi, Mandarin, Vanilla, Ice, Cosmos, Owls, Mod Flowers, Nature, and Planes
Also available in Hook and Loop in all colours and prints.
What is the GroVia™ Diapering System?
GroVia is a modern, one-size diapering system. Its unique, waterproof shell and organic cotton soaker pad minimizes waste and cost. When the soaker pad is wet, simply replace with a fresh, dry one!:
How does GroVia™ work?
GroVia™ is designed so that the outer shells may be used for multiple diaper changes. If the soaker pad is wet, simply snap in a fresh one and you are ready to go. If the shell is wet, allow it to air dry and use for the next diaper change. When your GroVia™ Shell is soiled or very saturated, start fresh with a new GroVia™ Shell.
Most GroVia™ System users will find that using 2-4 GroVia™ Shells are enough per day, although newborn babies may need more.
How does the one-size feature on my GroVia™ work?
GroVia™ will fit MOST babies from 8-35 lbs. The GroVia™ Shell features three sets of rise snaps that adjust to fit your baby. Our unique one-size Organic Soaker Pad fits from 8-35 lbs as well.
- Newborn/Small Infant Setting: Snap your GroVia™ Shell rise snaps on the lowest setting. Snap your soaker pad into the shell and simply flip the front of the soaker pad in towards baby. Fastened diaper on baby.
- Infant Setting: Snap your GroVia™ Shell rise snaps on the middle setting. Snap your soaker pad into the shell. Tuck the front of your soaker pad down, while pulling the front panel up and fasten on baby.
- Toddler Setting: Leave your GroVia™ Shell rise snaps unsnapped. Snap your soaker pad into the shell and fasten on baby
How to care for your GroVia™ Diapering System?
First and foremost it is important to wash and dry your Organic Cotton Soaker Pads at least 3-5 times prior to use. They will not be fully absorbent for up to 10 washes.
You will find that your laundry loads will be a third of the size of your regular laundry loads!
- Your GroVia™ Shell and Soaker Pads can be washed together on warm with ½ the recommend amount of detergent
- A second rinse will leave your diaper squeaky clean
- While your GroVia™ Shells can be tumbled dry, we HIGHLY recommend line drying your shells. They will dry in less than two hours and will stay nice longer
- GroVia™ Organic Soaker Pads can be tumbled dried
This may seem obvious but, whiteners, bleach, vinegar, enzyme cleaners and fabric softeners are not your diaper’s friends and will void all warranties.
How to avoid leaks with your GroVia™ System?
- First and foremost your GroVia™ Soaker Pads must be washed and dried on hot 3-5 times prior to use. Keep in mind that they will NOT reach their maximum absorbency for up to 10 washes.
- GroVia’s Organic Cotton Soaker Pads while very absorbent do not contain the SAP (super absorbent polymer) gels that make disposable diapers hold ridiculous amounts of liquid. This means you should plan on changing baby every two hours.
- For naps, nights, car trips and older babies we highly recommend adding a GroVia™ Booster to increase absorbency without adding much bulk.
- Refrain from using petroleum based diaper balms as this coat your Organic Cotton Soaker Pads affecting their ability to absorb liquid. A good alternative is Magic Stick.